Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm gonna get that stupid groundhog....


I just have to say it once and for all: I'm sick of winter. We've been buffeted by hurricane force winds, had power knocked out for days at a time, were snowed in - like the Donner Party! - for nearly a week ("you know, that dog is looking kind of tasty"), endured icing fog so thick you couldn't see what exactly that was you just ran over but it felt kind of bumpy and squishy and you think you might have heard it go Eep! but let's not think about it because it could have been anything in the this damn fog....

And now, after all that, just when we start to believe that a warmer, gentler spring might be around the corner, a frigging groundhog pops out of Bill Murray's butt, sees his shadow, and we're all screwed for another six weeks? How the hell did that happen?

I don't care how cute you look there, Mr. Groundhog sitting along the trails at Mt. Rainer. I know your game. I'm on to you. One day, you're going to look up and you'll see a shadow alright. A shadow that rapidly expands around you.

No comments: